By Steven B. Karch MD
Written within the related obtainable demeanour as prior variants, the 5th variation of Karch’s Pathology of Drug Abuse is an important consultant to the pathology, toxicology, and pharmacology of often abused medications. The booklet specializes in the research of drug-related deaths, sensible methods to the detection of drug abuse, and discussions of scientific problems linked to all of the abused drugs.
The 5th version Now Features:
- Completely revised with enormous quantities of pages of fully new coverage
- Extensive dialogue of latest artificial cannabinoids and cathinone derivatives
- Expanded insurance of the sensible and molecular pharmacology of cocaine and myocardial remodeling
- Expanded dialogue of deaths with regards to prescription medications
- Detailed feedback at the interpretation of postmortem drug measurements
- Many new excessive answer full-color photomicrographs
- Additional, worthy new appendices on typical reference values
Separate chapters are dedicated to cocaine, evidently happening stimulants, artificial stimulants, hallucinogens, narcotics, anabolic steroids, disassociative anesthetics, solvent abuse, and marijuana. The publication additionally bargains targeted details at the origins, heritage, and creation suggestions used to make a lot of those medications. up to date, revised, and newly illustrated, Karch’s Pathology of Drug Abuse, 5th Edition is a must have reference for learn and perform with regards to drug abuse.
Steven B. Karch additionally discusses the publication in a
video at the CRC Press YouTube channel.