By Christian Collberg
“This e-book supplies thorough, scholarly insurance of a space of growing to be significance in laptop defense and is a ‘must have’ for each researcher, scholar, and training specialist in software program protection.”
—Mikhail Atallah, exceptional Professor of laptop technological know-how at Purdue University
Theory, recommendations, and instruments for combating software program Piracy, Tampering, and Malicious opposite Engineering
The final decade has obvious major development within the improvement of strategies for resisting software program piracy and tampering. those options are integral for software program builders trying to shield very important highbrow estate. Surreptitious Software is the 1st authoritative, finished source for researchers, builders, and scholars who are looking to comprehend those methods, the extent of safety they come up with the money for, and the functionality penalty they incur.
Christian Collberg and Jasvir Nagra compile ideas drawn from similar parts of computing device technology, together with cryptography, steganography, watermarking, software program metrics, opposite engineering, and compiler optimization. utilizing huge pattern code, they exhibit readers how you can enforce defense schemes starting from code obfuscation and software program fingerprinting to tamperproofing and birthmarking, and talk about the theoretical and sensible boundaries of those strategies.
- Mastering thoughts that either attackers and defenders use to investigate programs
- Using code obfuscation to make software program more durable to research and understand
- Fingerprinting software program to spot its writer and to track software program pirates
- Tamperproofing software program utilizing guards that realize and reply to unlawful changes of code and data
- Strengthening content material security via dynamic watermarking and dynamic obfuscation
- Detecting code robbery through software program similarity research and birthmarking algorithms
- Using ideas to protect software program and media opposed to piracy and tampering
- Detecting software program tampering in disbursed system
- Understanding the theoretical limits of code obfuscation